Wednesday, January 29, 2014

31 Days to a Cleaner Home-Day 23: The Cleaning Six List


The biggest time saving, effective cleaning tip I could ever give to you would be
Use the right cleaning supplies.
I have been doing a ton of research on cleaning supplies, solutions, tools, and the like.
I'm going to spend the next few days going a little more in depth on different items but today is going to be more of an overview.

Cleaning products, specifically cleaning solutions was never really something I thought much of until I had my own home.
Just before I got married I was given a laundry basket full of all sorts of things 
needed for a new house including several different brands of cleaning solutions.
It gave me the chance to realize I really don't like harsh chemicals.

I used one cleaner in particular that was suppose to be a great multi-surface cleaner.
The bottle stated "Cuts tough grease, soap scum, rust, limescale, and so much more!"
Farther down on the bottle it said "Do not breath fumes. Use in a well ventilated area. Avoid prolonged contact with the product."
Let me tell you now that is a huge warning sign.
When I first walked in there the fumes from this cleaner were so strong I could not breathe in the bathroom.
I had the bathroom window open and the bathroom door closed for three days with a fan running before I finally got the majority of the fumes out and it was breathable in there again.
I used this in my bathroom one time and said never again.

This was before I had kids. Now that I have children, a husband with asthma, and am personally now sensitive to harsh cleaners, I refuse to use just anything.
One of the things that has bothered me the most about the aforementioned cleaner is there is no list of ingredients used. 

I am sharing with you the knowledge I've gained.
Now I am not saying that I don't use anything store bought anymore. 
I would be lying to you if I said that. But as time goes on I have switched more and more of my cleaning products to simple, home-made, non-toxic cleaning solutions. And I bet most of you have the exact items needed already in your home. Ready for my list of favorite cleaning products?


Over the course of the next few days we're going to talk more in depth about each item, how to use them, and I'm going to have several recipes for effective cleaning products using this items.

Today go through your cleaning supply cabinet.
Get rid of any old cleaning solutions or solutions you don't use.
Declutter and organize where you keep your cleaning solutions .
Declutter and orgaize any shelves you have in the laundry room.
Is your home clean enough? If not do the things needed to get it to that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment