Thursday, January 16, 2014

31 Days to a Cleaner Home-Day 10: Fresh Start


There is something about the new year.
The starting over.
The grace.

I find for me a good book, some candles, and a relaxing bubble bath 
does wonders for my mood. It makes me feel refreshed and like I'm given another chance.
But my bathroom has to be clean for it to be relaxing.
If I am trying to relax and all I can see are things that need to be done I don't rest and relax well. I just end up thinking of all of the things I should be doing.
I end up feeling guilty over taking time for myself and not doing other things.
Also your bathroom is the room you go to get clean in so it must be clean.

This post is going to be shorter today as I want you to really focus on your bathroom.
We're going to go through everything in the bathroom today. 
Grab a small box or something to put things in that need to go into other rooms.
A trash bag and a giveaway bag or box.

Find a starting point in the room and work around clockwise.
I started at the door and worked my way around the room and back to the door so I could and would take things out with me as I came to the end point.

Go through everything.
I know this is going to take some time but you'll feel so much better for it.
Any expired medications? Trash them.
Any lotions you know you'll never use? Donate them.
Hair accessories you'll never wear again? Toss them.

I did this in my own home and I couldn't believe how much better it was.
Under the sink is totally organized and I can find exactly what I need.
The first aid kit finally got updated and organized.
Maybe you need some bins for this room to throw things into.
I keep all of my nail polish in a small basket on a shelf. 
It was taking up too much space in the medicine cabinet. 
The kid's shampoo, body wash, and lotions are all in a basket on a shelf.
Our daily use items like hair brush, deodorants, and hair ties are all in a basket on a shelf.

This makes it so much easier when it comes to need to actually maintain the bathroom.
Simply move the whole basket and wipe down the shelf as well as the lid of the bin or basket (if it has a lid), put the basket back and you're done!

Towels that are too ratty and you won't use any more?
Take them out of the bathroom. 
Stop avoiding them when you shower by just removing them.
Use them as cleaning rags until they're not even worth that anymore then simply toss them.

All of those lotions you were given that you'll never use?
Remember this post. It's ok to let them go! You'll never use them!
Stop letting them take up space in your home and making it take you longer to clean.
Anything that doesn't need to be in the bathroom needs to come out of there.

You can do it!

Also for expired medications. Do not flush them.
Call your local pharmacy to see what they recommend for discarding them.
I called mine and they told me to place expired pills in 
used coffee grounds and throw them in the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment