Monday, January 20, 2014

31 Days to a Cleaner Home-Day 14: Self-Discipline




I have to tell you all I really don't want to write this one.
Seriously. I even had an entire conversation with my husband 
about how I really just felt like avoiding this particular post.
I hate having to write about thing that I know I need to learn myself.
Mostly because I know I need to follow through myself or how can 
I help encourage others to do the same thing?

But sometimes we have to do things that we don't want to do.
Thing that we just don't feel like doing.
Things that we don't like doing; things that are important.




self-dis·ci·pline
noun
noun: self-discipline
  1. 1.
    the ability to control one's feelings and overcome one's weaknesses; the ability to pursue what one thinks is right despite temptations to abandon it.

      2.  discipline and training of oneself, usually for improvement: Acquiringthe habit of promptness requires self-              discipline.

Self discipline requires setting goals and sticking to them.
Not allowing fear of failure or perfection to stop you.
It's doing the things you say you're going to.
It's following through and backing up your words with action.
It's not easy.

It's knowing who you are and not allowing your self talk to be destructive.
It's being brave. Having the courage to do the hard things.
It's learning how to say no to over committing yourself.
It takes commitment.
It's allowing yourself to speak kind, life giving words to yourself.
It's cheering yourself on.


What area of your life do you need more self discipline in?
Are you one of the many who makes a new years resolution and then doesn't complete it?
You're not alone.
I set goals for myself too and fail to complete them.
It's honestly due to lack of self discipline.
But I know that "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Phil. 4:13.

So those goals you want to reach, those dreams you want to see come true,
they take self discipline.
What steps do you need to take to make them happen?
Spend some time really thinking about this and write out your thoughts.

Today tackle those cleaning projects that take more self discipline.
For me this will be catching up my laundry, scrubbing the tub,
and decluttering the office and my work space.
All things I put off doing or avoid because I don't like them and
it requires discipline to keep them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment