Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Sound of Revival: A guest post from my husband.


I prayed. I prayed hard. I prayed often. Before I went out and voted yesterday I prayed to my God, I prayed without ceasing yesterday. I did not pray that Romney would win. I did not pray that Obama would lose. I prayed hard and honestly to my Lord that the right man for the job would win the election. I prayed for God's chosen man to lead this country. I really hope that most of you did the same thing. I went out. I voted. I gave it to God. I did my part.

I know a lot of people are sick of political rants and hearing of anything political; and quite frankly I fall into that category too. However, with that being said, I have a very heavy heart this morning. I sat down in pure silence this morning with my Bible app loaded on my phone. Just me, my God, and my Bible. God opened my eyes. He opened my eyes and now I have a heavy heart. Not so much with the election results as it is a heavy heart to how my friends have responded to the outcome of the election.

Did you vote? Did you pray? Then what do you have to worry about? Are you questioning God? Shame on you.

With most of my friends on facebook claiming to be follower of Jesus, I am very disappointed in how most of you responded to our Leader for the next 4 years. I am not just saying all the people who are mad about Romney losing. I am also talking to those who are Obama supporters. I don't think we have responded to God's chosen man correctly. I have seen some very explicit posts to "Oh God have mercy on our Country". So what you are saying is that if Romney would have won, we wouldn't need God's mercy? and then there are those that voted for Obama what are in your face cocky about it. They are both terrible responses.

Here is a secret for you guys; God kind of knows what He's doing. God has been in this business for a very long time. God always has a plan. God is never surprised. I am not going to sit here and pound you with Scripture verses. The average American has 3-4 Bibles, so why don't you go over to that shelf, nightstand, table or wherever your Bible may be "sleeping", blow one of them off, and do some of your own studying.

Open your eyes America, clearly your President is not a man of God. "Lucky" for us God has a history of using men just like him. I have full peace about President Barack Obama being our Leader for the next 4 years. I have total faith in God.

I have some news for you guys. Our job isn't over yet. We can still make a difference. We may not be over-joyed with some or all of the political figures in our lives, but we cannot let that stop us from doing our job. If we want "Change" it does not start in "The House" it starts in our house. If we want to lower our debt in this country, why not start with those credit cards you have? We need American restoration... an American Revival. This does not come from 1 man sitting in our Nations capital. If your hope is in 1 earthly man, you have no hope at all. Open your bible, pray hard, teach your kids biblical morals. Quit pointing fingers and blaming everyone else, do something about it. Change isn't going to happen with you sitting on the couch and crying over the results of an earthly political election. This is the hand we were dealt, we have to play with it. The good news is that these cards are handpicked by our Creator.

There is still hope. Keep praying. Quit worrying. Do Something About it...

Remember... God is not Dead...


No comments:

Post a Comment