Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First Major Sewing Project!!!

AHH! I'm so excited! I have officially started my first major sewing project! I think the last time I did any sort of sewing project that was more than hemming my pants (I'm super short and have to hem almost everything) or fixing a seam was probably back in 4th or 5th grade. (I've been out of school for 4 years....Do the math.)
I spent the evening cutting this adorable fabric apart that my mom gave me.
She was going to make a ring sling for me but then I would have had two of them and with how big my son is its hard to carry him in a ring sing anymore.

How cute is that?! The best part is my mom bought it before my baby boy was born but we started calling him Monkey way before my mom gave me this fabric!

I am making a Mei Tai baby carrier. Heres an example of one.




Its basically like a Baby Backpack. I'll be able to carry my Monkey in this on my hip, back. or front as this picture shows. I am SUPER excited! I have to get some batting in order to make it so the straps will be more comfortable for me as well as another fabric to put on the back side of this but I'm hoping to do that some time really soon. (like in the next few days I hope...*crosses fingers*)

Once I have the rest of the stuff cut out and ready to be sewn together I just have to find someone who will be willing to let me use their sewing machine... :) I am really super excited and am hoping to eventually make more of these to put up on my Etsy Shop?! (this will require me having my own sewing machine first though I'm afraid.) I'll post more pictures soon on this project and of course let you all know how it turns out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment