Friday, October 21, 2011

"I don't talk so good!"

Jeremiah 1:4-10
The word of the Lord came to me, saying,
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
"Ah, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak;
I am only a child."
But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.'
You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord.
Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."


"God doesn't call the qualified. He qualifies the called." -Unknown

Isn't that always the excuse we give to God?
"I don't know what to say!" or " I'm not qualified, use that person over there instead.  That IS what they have their degree in after all!" 

Both Moses and Jeremiah tried to use this excuse on God.
"Hey um God,...Don't you remember who you're talking to here?! I don't talk so good.I stutter. I'm afraid of large crowds. Couldn't you just pick someone else?! Please."
But God didn't just say, "Oh yeah! You're right, I forgot." 
Instead he told them what to say and literally put His words into their mouths.


Then they both tried to play the age card.
Jeremiah said "I'm too young!"
Moses said "I'm too old!"
But God knew exactly what He was doing and chose to call them at exactly the right age.
And once they were finally done giving excuses, He used them in mighty ways.

You are never too young, or too old to be used by God in mighty ways.
You just have to stop giving excuses and be willing to let Him speak through you.
God gives us the words He wants us to say at just the right time.
The question is, Are you ready and willing to let Him use you? 
No matter what your age is?


No comments:

Post a Comment