Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Detox Day One (and) Two.

Before I go into how the first two of four intense days of Detox are going I have to let you all in on a little secret... (shh don't tell anyone....) Dowe is doing the detox with me! Now I will tell you he is not doing as extreme of a detox as I am but he is doing a daily morning hot lemon water with me. :)

I began the detox Tuesday morning with a nice hot steaming mug of Lemon water!

I then made lunch for the boys and something else for me. The Boys had a Chicken Alfredo and I make my own white sauce for it. One of my favorite things ever...(Why do I do these things to myself!)
I decided to allow myself to have some plain cooked chicken on my salad so I didn't feel like I was completely cutting myself off from everything else. However, I was very surprised when the Alfredo wasn't even appetizing to me. I also made a side of coleslaw planning for that to be a big part of my lunch. I was pretty sure Monkey wouldn't like it (he didn't) and Dowe doesn't normally like coleslaw but LOVED this!

I shredded some purple cabbage, carrots, broccoli stems, and one zucchini....a little white vinegar, a little sugar (guilty!), and some salad dressing and it was amazing. (Sorry can't give an exact recipe cause I don't measure anything....Dowe hates that about my cooking as nothing is ever EXACTLY the same again.)
I also ate a salad and some snow peas for lunch.

Due to having to take our car to get the oil changed which required me to take Dowe to work my lunch was cut short. So I quick threw the rest of my salad into a plastic container, grabbed a kiwi, knife, and a small thing of yogurt along with some plain, whole, raw Almonds. The above mentioned were eaten over the rest of the afternoon.
At my moms later in the evening I had two ears of corn and a little more chicken.

Now I must confess to you all that I had an Almond Joy Ice Cream with my mom and Monkey at the local FAVORITE. (Something I have only had once from there this summer as its an hour and a half drive from where we live.) Normally I would have gotten a medium but I only had a small and allowed myself to fully enjoy this treat! :) And I also had two more cups of Hot Lemon Water.

Day Two! (with pictures!!!)
I'm sorry that Day One didn't have hardly any pictures! I really need to get better about that.
I did better today though I promise! :)

First thing Hot Lemon Water. :)

Oh My YUM!!!!

Vanilla Yogurt, Fresh Strawberries, and Sesame Seed covered Almonds.


ohh the veggies!

Don't judge here but the only way I will eat raw broccoli and cauliflower is with SOME kind of dip. So I made my own Dill Dip. Sour cream and dried dill weed =Instant dill dip :) 
Also that bowl of stuff is the left over coleslaw from yesterday. 

For snacks I munched on some snow peas and almonds. 

Tonight I must confess I was feeling rather hungry and so I decided to have two ham and cheese roll ups with mustard and horseradish sauce. :) 

I am currently also working on drinking my Third cup of HLW for today. 

How am I feeling you ask? Well I am already feeling so much better! I feel less bloated and a little more energy. I was up in the middle of the night with a screaming baby so I can't yet comment on the less tired part. But I really am noticing a difference already in how my body feels. Here's to hoping I can continue at this pace for the next two days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment