Sunday, June 16, 2013

Think, dream, create.

Lately I've felt like I've just been in survival mode.
With having two littles of my own and then adding two more little ones I've just simply been doing what I need to do to get by,
But I've really felt a large void in my life.

I need to create.

I've always enjoyed doing crafts and things with my hands since I was young.
As a young girl I could lay on the floor and color for hours on end.
As I grew older I got into paper crafts and beading.
In my teens my great-grandmother taught me how to crochet and I learned to knit because of a special little girl I babysat.

While I still love to do all of those things, I rarely find the time to do most of them.
As a wife and mom I, like so many others, put aside the things that I find joy and pleasure in to meet everyone else's needs first.
But in the last week I've found I have a yearning to do some of those things again.
So I've decided I'm going to find or rather make the time for myself.

I know it won't be easy as I love my family and it is so easy to put everyone else (Read I'm a total people pleaser).
But I also know that by me taking time for myself to think, dream, create, and finding joy and pleasure in doing something with my hands again will also benefit my family. So really I'm doing it for them right? ;)

I've also been saying for, oh who knows how long, that I want to open an Etsy Shop. 
My goal is to get it up and running by the end of this year. Guess I should probably get going on it huh?

What do you do that is simply something you enjoy and do for yourself?
What do you do to keep yourself from feeling guilty taking "me time?"

No comments:

Post a Comment