Sunday, June 2, 2013

A new season of life.

I have really wanted to get more blogging done lately but honestly; I'm having a hard time figuring out this new life.
Our schedule has been changed around a lot since I started babysitting in March.

I babysit two kiddos four days a week. A boy who is 2 years old and a girl who is almost 6 months old.
Two of the days I have them from 11:00am-3:30pm and the other two days I have them usually around 7:30am-3:30pm but sometimes they come as early as 6:30am depending on if their momma has to go in early. That usually only happens a coupe of times a month and we typically know ahead of time. On average though they're here closer to 8:00am.

My husband works second shift. He has to be to work for a meeting every day Monday-Friday at 2:30p, then his shift runs from 3pm-11pm.
After he gets home at night he needs time to unwind and relax before going to bed at night.
This has been a really big challenge for me as, well, I miss my husband.
I want to stay up with him and get to spend time alone in the quite of the evening but I need to get enough sleep that I can be the parent I want to be.
I'm finding that its a tough balance.

My mornings with four kids is pretty crazy to be totally honest.
On our short days its make lunch, get all kids fed, and three out of four down for naps (Monkey my *GASP* 3 year old!, no longer takes naps. Boo.)
The longer days are different as my kids typically sleep till 9a. I have some time alone with the two kids I babysit, then make breakfast, clean up from breakfast, change diapers, feed babies, make lunch, feed everyone, change diapers, naps, throw in more diaper changes here and there, and then their dad is here to pick them up. It's crazy, a lot of fun, but crazy. And the hardest part is that I feel like I don't see my husband much.

Add to that some tough parenting lately with our 3yo and a still pretty clingy 10mo. So there hasn't been a whole lot of extra time. And this momma is tired. I know this is a season in my life. I know it's one that wont last forever. Right now though while I'm in it and needing to adjust to this life I'm finding things, my blog namely, are getting neglected more than I would like.

I hope you will bear with me and continue to check my blog. I have some great events planned and just need to find the time to get them all up and running. There are some wonderful events I'm going to be apart of that you can get a sneak peek to the right of my blog. And I have some products I'm currently testing and reviewing for you! Two of which are from the Puj company!! And there will be a giveaway for at least one of the two so stay tuned!

Thanks for being a fan and for understanding that I'm a mom who's still trying to figure out this crazy but wonderful life.

1 comment:

  1. That is hard. I currently feel I'm in the same boat about not seeing my husband often. His summer hours are 10:00 AM-6:30 PM, but he often stays at the tutoring center because he can work on his PhD there in silence. As one wife to another wife, hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete