Thursday, January 31, 2013

Confessions and Reminiscing

So I have a slight confession to make.

Dowe and I have been married for almost 4 years now and I just last night for the first time ever made mashed potatoes!

Yes, you read that right. It's the first time I have ever made them.
You see my husband makes KILLER mashed potatoes and so I've always been too afraid to even attempt them as I knew they just wouldn't compare. No joke…his are like a dance party is going on with my taste buds. (Even though they never taste exactly the same as he doesn't measure anything and then teases me for doing the exact same thing...just saying.)

Although mine were good, they still were nowhere near as amazing as my hubby’s.
There are just some things that he does better than I do and the same thing goes the other way.
It’s part of what makes us work so well together.

But there is one thing I am so thankful to know…..
No matter what we have each other’s backs.



This morning as I woke up, hearing our two boys chatter in the next room as I lay there in my husband’s arms I got thinking about our life.

I started to remember how we started dating 6 years ago after being through so much together before that as best friends.

Then I thought of our engagement 5 years ago (a story that I promise to type up soon.) and laughed at remembering how I honestly had no clue yet almost found out about it accidently.

Then I began thinking about these last few years together being married.
The time has flown by. In August we will have been married for 4 years and our lives have changed more than I had ever expected in such a short period of time.  But though this life is crazy and going by far too quickly I love it more than I could have ever imagined.

We haven’t always had it easy.
We fought like crazy while we were dating.
Got through a rough first few months married with us both working a lot and frequently on opposite shifts adding in to that I was crazy pregnant hormonal and Dowe was also a full time student.
Times spent wondering how we were going to pay our bills and if it would be better for me to go find a job on an opposite shift from my husband so one of us could stay home with the kids.

And you know what?
If I had the chance to go back and do it all over again I would.
I would still date him.
I would still say yes to him.
I would still marry him.
I would still have a family with him.
I am still looking forward to growing old together.

He still makes me smile every day. He still makes me shake my head at his silly antics.
He still makes me blush and calls me out on it making me blush that much more.
He still makes my heart skip and beat.
He still makes me feel loved and special.
I’m so beyond grateful that he chose me.


I am still looking forward to spending the rest of my life with him 
no matter how long or short that may be.




So in the spirit of reminiscing I decided to share with you all the song that we danced to on our wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment