Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Monkey!!!

Today my baby turns one!
Today I am thankful for all of the joy he brings to our lives.
Today I am remembering everything from the past 21 months.
Remembering how excited and scared and shocked 
we were when we found out I was pregnant. 
Remembering all of the ups and downs of my pregnancy.
Remembering how scared we were when we thought I was going to lose him.
Remembering our crazy trip across the country while I was 9 months pregnant.
Remembering our disappointment when we came home 
without our baby boy in our arms.
(Twice.) 
Remembering the night before my (second) induction and how Dowe and I just laid in bed and talked for the longest time with the reality of how our lives were about to change forever.


Remembering a year ago today how our lives changed forever.






My Dear Son,
With one flash of your smile, You melt my heart.
With your cry, You make me want to keep you safe from the whole world.
With every "Momma", You make me fall in love with you all over again.
The sound of your laugh when you play with daddy, I can't help but get misty eyed.
Watching you learn, makes me want to teach you more.
You, my dear child, Have given me so much more than I could have ever imagined.
I never knew my heart could be so full.
I can't imagine my life without you in it, nor would I want to!
Your daddy and I love you so very much.
As painfully difficult as it is to believe that you are growing up, 
we are loving every second of you.
We are looking forward to celebrating this first year we have had 
with you over the course of this whole weekend.
We love you tons and tons, and even though this weekend is going to be somewhat
crazy and jam packed, loaded with lots of family...
This weekend is all about you.
No matter what, YOU come first.
I promise you that mommy and daddy will spend lots and lots of time playing, hugging, kissing, tickling, holding, snuggling, and just being all around silly with you.
We love you big boy!

We love you.




ps...one year ago today...at 11:11pm....our wish came true.

1 comment: