Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chaos....

Yep, that word seems to sum up my life as of lately... especially my house. Ugh. 
Loads of clean unfolded laundry piled high on both the couch and one of our chairs leaving only one chair able to be sat in,Loads of dishes that have been waiting to be done for what feels like forever, Piles of bags of jars of baby food that my son refuses to eat, 
unopened mail, garbage, dirt, junk, trash, dirty diapers,....AH!!! 

"For God is not a God of disorder but of peace" 1 Corinthians 14:33 

The other morning as I was doing my devotions I came across this verse. 
Disorganized....chaotic.....stressful.... 
That is how I feel as of right now when I look around my house. 
I feel guilty about taking a few minutes to sit down and relax when there are so many things that I SHOULD be doing. And quite frankly it drives me crazy to look at! 

I think the hopes that we won't be living here for much longer has allowed me to put things off and not deal with how much stuff we have or finding permanent places for things. But I'm realizing more and more that if I take the time to deal with the Stuff now when we do finally get a place of our own it'll be easier to move with less. 

I want to be able to sit in my own house and be at peace. To be able to just relax and love on my boys. I know there are things that still have to be done on a daily basis but once the major stuff is complete the keeping up will be much easier. 

So with all of that being said, I am setting a goal of finding things a permanent place, organizing my house, and getting rid of the junk we don't need! I would like to set a definitive time that I will feel like the house is completely organized. However, I know that I do have a 9 month old in the house who some days does not allow for me to get much done and thats ok. I will be blogging about what I do accomplish the days I am able to work on things as well as letting you know how many bags/boxes of junk I am able to get out of here! (Even if it may be disgustingly embarrassing.) And maybe hopefully this will inspire you to be able to make your house/room/office space/whatever else a place of peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment